You really can't beat that smell of fresh baking spreading throughout the house! First comes that gorgeous smell of freshly baked scones just out of the oven, then the visions of real butter melting on top and then there goes your willpower!
There really is nothing that makes a house more homely than fresh baking though. Trying to find something that gives that feel and smell to a home can be something a little bit harder to find while still looking for a healthier option. I'm glad to say we have finally found one though!
Sunday morning the smell of baking flowed through the house and freshly brewed coffee fragrances were just the icing on the top! Gotta love Sunday mornings! These Paleo Scones are well worth making as a weekend (maybe even mid-week!) treat 🙂
180g bag of Ground almonds
1 cup of gluten free flour
half teaspoon of baking soda
quarter cup of honey
3 tablespoons of melted butter
quarter teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
quarter cup of almond milk
half a cup of blueberries
- Combine the almond flour, gluten free flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients (honey, melted butter, egg, lemon zest, milk) together in another bowl.
3. Use a hand mixer (or do by hand) to bring the wet and dry ingredients together to form your mixture
4. Finally mix in your blueberries by hand and try not to squash them too much. (If the mixture is too wet add a little bit more gluten free flour)
5. Make the mixture into rough scones shapes and place them on parchment onto your baking tray (this mixture should make 6 or 7 scones) and place into your pre heated oven at 150-160 degrees.
6. Cook for 20 to 25 mins and remove from oven and leave to cool for a while. This is the challenging part of not eating them right now!!!
7. Serve up with some real butter or strawberries and cream and enjoy!!!!