Finally got around to getting myself a new BBQ.
I LOVE my BBQs!
I’ve been known to stand outside in the rain, umbrella in one hard and flipping burgers with the other, not deterred by a few drops!
The neighbours think I’m a bit daft and they might be onto something. That inner caveman loves the meat and fire combination!
I love throwing a few chicken skewers on the grill here and I’ll be making up this recipe now some day this week.
It’s quick and simple, has a bit of flavour and keeps your chicken nice and tender.
Leave these to marinate overnight in the fridge and soak your wooden skewers in water for about 30 mins to stop them burning while cooking.
6 chicken breasts (cubed or diced)
4-5 tablespoons of Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic crushed or grated
2 stalks of lemongrass roughly chopped, or use the dried version
2 spring onions roughly chopped
Pinch of chilli powder or few chilli flakes
2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
3-4 tablespoons of fish sauce
Tablespoon of honey
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a big dish until well combined
- Throw in your chopped chicken and coat it well
- Cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight, the longer the better
- Once your skewers have being soaking in water careful thread a few pieces of chicken onto the skewers. Don’t over pack them as we want them to cook evenly.
- Stick them onto the BBQ and cook until properly done.
Serve up with some nice homemade satay sauce.