As you probably know by now am a big fan of Paleo.
Sometimes though I wonder have I really evolved into a proper grown up!
My battle with trying to love vegetables has being going on since I was sitting at mums dinner table eating the cold veg off my plate.
I thought it would become easier when I grew up.
I’m still waiting!
However some part of me has realised their importance so I have had to put on my big boy pants and try get some more of nature goodness into me.
So my latest mission is to find vegetable recipes I enjoy. Not the type of recipe where I eat all the veg on my plate first so I can get to the proper food, but genuine recipes where I enjoy it. (Being honest it will never match my love for meat, maybe I am too caveman! But I’m evolving)
So we tried this recipe at the weekend and I really enjoyed it. Stole it from Rachel Allen so have to credit her with it but it tasted really good with our roast pork dinner.
Root Vegetable Mash
Half a turnip
1 small sweet potato
2 tablespoons of butter
30mls of cream
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
- Peel the veg and chop into roughly 2cm cubes.
- Place the chopped turnip and carrot in a pot of cold water, cover and add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. After 5 mins of boiling add the parsnip and sweet potato
- Continue to cook for 15mins or until veg is fully cooked.
- Drain well, add the butter and cream and then blend with hand blender or just use a masher
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley and serve
Nice easy recipe that gets some veg into me. Give it a try and see what you think