A few weeks back in our Foodie Friday post I wrote a recipe for our homemade Granola. I also listed all the things you could do with it. Making energy balls was one of those. So here ( after a few requests 😄) is our recipe for Energy Balls.
Now these are something that don't last very long in our house.
I understand there are lots and lots of variations of these. This is just the one that works well in our house. A practical Paleo house.
Homemade Granola roughly 400g
Dried dates roughly 350-400g
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tsp coconut oil
150g dark chocolate 85% solids (I know this is quite strong but the sweetness of the dates really compliments the bitterness of the dark chocolate)
1) In a blender throw the granola and dates and blend until you get a sticky breadcrumb texture.
2) Add the coconut oil and desiccated coconut and blend again quickly. Your mixture should still be a sticky breadcrumb texture.
3) Start to melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
4) Using a tablespoon start scooping up and rolling and pressing your mixture into small sphere shapes. And when they are all made place in the freezer for 5 min.
5) One at a time dip the the energy balls into the chocolate mixture and place on parchment to harden.
6) Store in the fridge.
These are a great snack and only a tiny bit bold. Great with a cup of tea or coffee. Or given to the kids they think they're getting a chocolate treat.
If you make these or your version of them adding any other ingredients let me know how you get on. Ill be happy to sample them for you!😋