Spaghetti & Meatballs🍝
Yes it is spaghetti and no spaghetti is not paleo. Which is why I went to Aldi and bought gluten free spaghetti 😋
This is a dish that’s always a hit in our house with both adults and kids. It’s quite simple to make and so tasty. And if you make a bit extra, the meatballs are great for a tasty breakfast the next day!
Here’s how to do it:
1.5 pounds of lean steak mince beef
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic grated
1 large free range egg
salt & pepper
2 tbsp of tomato puree
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1/2 a glass of red wine
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup grated mature cheddar cheese
1) Heat olive oil in a large pot and add onions and garlic and heat until softened.
2) Add tomato puree and stir and then add chopped tomatoes plus 2/3 of a can of water.
3) Add in red wine, balsamic vinegar, paprika, basil, oregano and parsley.
4)Turn heat to low and cover and leave to simmer while you prepare meatballs.
5) In a large bowl mix meat, salt & pepper, the cheese and the egg. Use your hands to ensure everything is completely mixed.
6) Use a dessert spoon to scoop up portions and form small ball shapes of our meat mixture and compress and leave to rest on a plate. Use the entire meat mixture and you should get roughly 22 meatballs (depending on the size you make)
7) Heat some more olive oil on a frying pan to a high temperature (don’t burn the oil) and place the meatballs on.
8) Only fry them for 4 minutes and turn them half way through. This is just seal them so they hold their shape and moisture when in the sauce.
9) Get a hand blender and blitz your tomato mixture until it is smooth. Then carefully add your meatballs to the sauce. Again cover and leave to simmer for 20 mins.
10) This is the best time to put on your pasta. Boil in lots of water (gluten free pasta needs it)
11) When pasta is boiled pour into a colander and rinse under cold water until all the starchy water is gone and clear. Pour a fresh boiled kettle of water over the pasta to reheat it. And now it will not be sticky pasta.
12) Serve pasta, then meatballs and cover with sauce and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Hope you try these. Send me your pictures of them if you do